One World for Love and Peace
Orientation, training and support
A clear, appropriate volunteer assignment
An assignment within your abilities, interests, and time
Respect as an individual
Safe and fun environment
Recognition for your contribution
Attend orientation and general training sessions
Understand what the assignment requires before accepting it
Carry out your assignment efficiently and honestly
Notify us beforehand if you will be able to fulfil your commitment
Conduct yourself in an appropriate and ethical manner
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer at One World for Love and Peace (OW4LP). Without your help we will not be able to meet the growing needs of our newly arriving Arab immigrants and refugees.
Volunteers are invaluable to this organization! You provide us with new ideas, energy, enthusiasm, skills and talents. Our Volunteer Program is made up mostly of people who live in the community and represent a variety of ages, ethnicities, cultures and languages. We appreciate and welcome the different experiences, perspectives and knowledge you bring to our organization.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Remember we are here for you!
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- Meeting new people
- Using your talents and skills
- Developing new skills and abilities
- Getting valuable work experience/community service credits
- Helping the community
- Volunteer recognition-an event is held each year for those people who volunteered for more than 20 hours
- Beneficial and life-enriching experiences
- Opportunities for professional development and social interaction with other volunteers